Chris Brown Album “Heartbreak on a Full Moon” Sold 68K Copies Debut At No. 3
Brown’s first week sale numbers was made lower because he released the album on a Tuesday which means only three days worth of sales were accounted for last week. 25,000 copies were from traditional album sales. Breezy released the massive 45-track project last week on Halloween day and has been getting a lot of positive feedback from his fans about it.
Traditionally, artists released their new albums on a Friday to benefit from a full week of sales that would count towards their chart position. This marks the ninth top ten album for Chris Brown. Elsewhere on the chart, 21 Savage, Offset, and Metro Boomin drop their surprised joint album, Without Warning, a week ago and it sold 53,000 copies in the first week to debut at No. 4 behind Chris Brown. Post Malone’s Stoney album came in at No. 5 with 41,000 copies sold. Yo Gotti’s I Still Am sold 38,000 copies, Big K.R.I.T.’s 4Eva Is a Mighty Long Time sold 33,000 copies, Ed Sheeran sold 32,000, Future & Young Thug’s Super Slimey, and Lil Uzi Vert’s Luv Is Rage 2 moved 30,000, which rounded out the top 10.
If you take a closer look at the chart’s top ten albums, you will see that it’s dominated by hip hop.
Billboard 200 Album chart top ten:
1. Kenny Chesney – Live In No Shoes Nation – 219,000
2. Kelly Clarkson – Meaning of Life – 79,000
3. Chris Brown – Heartbreak on a Full Moon – 68,000
4. 21 Savage, Offset, & Metro Boom – Without Warning – 53,000
5. Post Malone – Stoney – 41,000
6. Yo Gotti – I Still Am – 38,000
7. Big K.R.I.T. – 4Eva Is a Mighty Long Time – 33,000
8. Ed Sheeran – ÷ – 32,000
9. Future & Young Thug – Super Slimey – 31,000
10. Lil Uzi Vert – Luv Is Rage 2 – 30,000